Essay on Aesthetic and Renaissance
- February 4, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Essay Writing Free Essay
This essay written especially for this service. If you need an essay on a similar topic, you can order and professional writers to quickly and cheaply fulfill your order.
Renaissance means rebirth, the rebirth of classical ideas. The Renaissance period was actually a period in the history of art when the artists of that period broke away the restrictions of Byzantine art. In the Renaissance period the artists studied the natural world and perfecting their skills about the objects of the common world, their anatomy and their perspectives.
Giotto was considered to be the first artist who actually laid the foundation of Renaissance. He was considered the first artist of Renaissance because of the following elements in his paintings:
- Modeling of the figures: In his paintings the modeling of figures are much more three-dimensional than the Byzantine art. The drapery of his figures showed the depth.
- Emotions: the emotions of his figures are related to the emotions of a common person instead of the religious figures of pre-Renaissance period.
- Placement of figures: the placement of figures and forms are quite unusual in his paintings. Often overlapping each other to show depth
- Colors: the use of colors showed the emergence of Renaissance period in his paintings because the typical colors used in Renaissance period were blue, yellow, red, pink, green, cream, black and tints and tones of those colors.
Giotto was much admired and praised by the Italian painters. According to the critics he was so admired because his use of perspective and portrayal of figures as individuals, each with a distinct personality which gave the impression of realism to his paintings. This realism had appealed to the fourteenth century middle class and that is why he was admired and praised by other painters.